12th CFO Innovation Summit AsiaTransforming into Digitally Enabled Finance Function: Achieving through Renewed & Optimal Resource Utilization
14 - 15 June 2021
Raffles City Convention Centre, Singapore
12th CFO Innovation Asia Summit
Transforming into Digitally Enabled Finance Function: Achieving through Renewed & Optimal Resource Utilization
14 – 15 June 2021, Raffles City Convention Centre, Singapore
“What this crisis has shown is that CFOs can effectively maintain organizational accountability for the entire finance function while shifting their individual focus and responsibility to the key leadership tasks that provide the highest value to the company.”
- 2020 CFO Survey Report, Grant Thornton
About the Event
With growth projected at 5.4 % in 2021 by the IMF, the regional economies are projected to come roaring back as the pandemic recedes. While the pandemic is yet to be tamed fully, economic activity is expected to crawl through early part of 2021 before bouncing back as promising vaccines, rebounding regional travel and more fiscal stimulus follow.
Singapore projects a growth of 4% - 6% in 2021, and the Ministry of Trade and Industry predicts a gradual economic recovery which largely depends on how the global and regional economies perform.
A CFO’s Look back at 2020
When finance took the reins of digital transformation and every other priority, the CFOs were challenged to adapt, transform, and sustain performance through the worst of the pandemic, all within a span of 2 – 3 quarters, showing extraordinary agility and innovation. Cash optimisation and liquidity management were the prime drivers.
In many cases, after shoring up liquidity, they also had to employ uncomfortable levers; rethink investments plans, balance layoffs with salary cuts and furloughs, apply for government relief and revise pricing strategies.
What does 2021 look like for today’s CFOs?
Looking ahead, CFOs are now well-positioned to lead the way as the enterprise value creator and as custodians of enterprise finance health. They are “change agents” and “strategists”, while still overseeing their day-to-day finance responsibilities.
2021 focus and plan for CFOs includes, setting clear digital strategy, driving innovation and scenario setting to counter uncertainty along with reimagining the business from a zero base to determine key business drivers. Achieving resources optimization will be their key focus in 2021 – 22, while making difficult choices on HR, technology, funding, expansion and diversification.
This two-days event will cover these topics critical to CFOs and other finance executives:
- Driving innovation and embracing change in a time of economic resurgence: Ensuring your current strategy is a sustainable solution and not a crisis management fix
- From hard-learned experience to a leap-forward: Transforming the finance function from a cost centre to a value centre with a focus on growth and new revenue streams
- CFO Agility: Balancing current risk and harnessing future opportunities
- Setting clear automation strategy: Advancing productivity and organisational performance
- Foresight: Anticipating and being prepared to pivot through this upheaval times with best-in-class scenario planning frameworks
- Addressing the skill gaps: Creating future finance talents for the next gen finance workforce
Who Should Attend
CFOs, MDs, VPs, Directors, GMs, and Senior Managers, involved in:
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP & A)
- Strategic Planning & Forecasting
- Costing & Budgeting
- Treasury Operations
- Project Financing
- Merger & Acquisition (M & A)
- Investment / Portfolio Management
- Auditing & Internal Control
- Tax Governance
- Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
- Statutory & Regulatory Reporting
- Fiscal Policy Planning
- Financial Technology Solutions
*To ensure the good health of all attendees, safety measures, including temperature checks, capacity limits, social distancing, and special F&B arrangements, in accordance to Government regulations and CHP guidelines, will be in place for this live, private event
Keeping our community safe is our top priority.
Health & Safety
Increased sanitation, mandatory masks, hand sanitizing stations, available disinfectant wipes, temperature checks
Physical distancing, hands-free registration, one-way entrance/exit, wide aisles, boxed meals, crowd monitoring systems
Isolation room staffed by a nurse for someone believed to be ill, communication plan with local hospital, do not attend if you are sick
Event specific health and safety initiatives, response team identified for every event, on-site health and safety guidelines
Daily health and safety plans, up to date information from local health officials, details of site-specific initiatives being implemented