Owing to the recent implementation of P2HA and to ensure that the CFO Innovation Summit Asia runs as a safety and health-compliant event, please note that we are forced to reschedule event dates to Wed – Thu, 17 – 18 November 2021.
The longest running CFO community event will ensure that our stakeholders remain safe at all our events in line with our Be Safe policies.
About the Event
With growth projected at 5.4 % in 2021 by the IMF, the regional economies are projected to come roaring back as the pandemic recedes. While the pandemic is yet to be tamed fully, economic activity is expected to crawl through early part of 2021 before bouncing back as promising vaccines, rebounding regional travel and more fiscal stimulus follow.
Singapore projects a growth of 4% - 6% in 2021, and the Ministry of Trade and Industry predicts a gradual economic recovery which largely depends on how the global and regional economies perform.
A CFO’s Look back at 2020
When finance took the reins of digital transformation and every other priority, the CFOs were challenged to adapt, transform, and sustain performance through the worst of the pandemic, all within a span of 2 – 3 quarters, showing extraordinary agility and innovation. Cash optimisation and liquidity management were the prime drivers.
In many cases, after shoring up liquidity, they also had to employ uncomfortable levers; rethink investments plans, balance layoffs with salary cuts and furloughs, apply for government relief and revise pricing strategies.
What does 2021 look like for today’s CFOs?
Looking ahead, CFOs are now well-positioned to lead the way as the enterprise value creator and as custodians of enterprise finance health. They are “change agents” and “strategists”, while still overseeing their day-to-day finance responsibilities.
2021 focus and plan for CFOs includes, setting clear digital strategy, driving innovation and scenario setting to counter uncertainty along with reimagining the business from a zero base to determine key business drivers. Achieving resources optimization will be their key focus in 2021 – 22, while making difficult choices on HR, technology, funding, expansion and diversification.
This two-days event will cover these topics critical to CFOs and other finance executives:
- Driving innovation and embracing change in a time of economic resurgence: Ensuring your current strategy is a sustainable solution and not a crisis management fix
- From hard-learned experience to a leap-forward: Transforming the finance function from a cost centre to a value centre with a focus on growth and new revenue streams
- CFO Agility: Balancing current risk and harnessing future opportunities
- Setting clear automation strategy: Advancing productivity and organisational performance
- Foresight: Anticipating and being prepared to pivot through this upheaval times with best-in-class scenario planning frameworks
- Addressing the skill gaps: Creating future finance talents for the next gen finance workforce
Who Should Attend
CFOs, MDs, VPs, Directors, GMs, and Senior Managers, involved in:
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP & A)
- Strategic Planning & Forecasting
- Costing & Budgeting
- Treasury Operations
- Project Financing
- Merger & Acquisition (M & A)
- Investment / Portfolio Management
- Auditing & Internal Control
- Tax Governance
- Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
- Statutory & Regulatory Reporting
- Fiscal Policy Planning
- Financial Technology Solutions